Hot Tent Camping Tips for Cold Weather
Hot Tent Camping Tips
- Please watch the weather forecast before departure to check the weather conditions in the last period of time.
- Always pay attention to the weather in winter.
- Choose a safe location for the camp, and don’t build camps in avalanche-prone areas.
- Choose a place where the camp is leeward. I think you don’t want your hot tent to be blown down.
- Before setting up the tipi hot tent, clear the snow on the campsite.
- The camp faces the sun, and the body temperature can be raised quickly when the sun rises.
- Do not build camps under dangerous trees.
Hot Tent Camping Equipment
- To protect hands, feet, and head, remember to wear gloves, socks, and hats. This will keep you warmer.
- Hand warmers are important items for heating during winter camping. You need to prepare some when camping in winter.
- Choose the right hot tent. The right tent can reduce your heat dissipation area and better maintain the temperature in the tent. A tent that is too large will require more heat to maintain the temperature balance in the tent.
- Fire cover, adding a fire cover to your furnace tube can reduce the damage of your coat by sparks.
- Prepare a bottle or other peeing device. I think you don’t want to untie your sleeping bag or hot shelter tent to pee at night.
- The double-layer sleeping pad can reduce your heat loss.
- Filtering device: The snow water for boiling snow needs to be filtered before drinking.
- Candles can bring light and heat to your canvas hot tent.
- The lithium battery is your first choice for camping in winter. The lithium batteries can work continuously at low temperatures.
- Vaseline is an essential item to prevent frostbite or burns.
- Choose a tent with good waterproof performance and good warmth.
- If your local winter temperature is very low, it is recommended that you use an Ultralight tent stove, which can provide heat and hot food for the tent.
- If you are not an outdoor expert, it is recommended that you camp with your friends. Camping with friends can be happier and safer.
- Wearing suitable clothes is especially important. Dress in layers. Wear less when exercising, and add more clothes when you stop exercising.
Hot Tent Camping Tips
- The ground is easy to lose heart. Please also add a blanket under you to reduce the loss of your temperature.
- Put the air in the sleeping bag, the air is easy to conduct heat and heat insulation. Putting air in a sleeping bag can increase heat insulation.
- If you drink beer at night, remember not to hold your bladder, and let it be.
- Do not put your head in the sleeping bag to sleep. When your head is in the sleeping bag, the breathing air will make the sleeping bag wet.
- Please be prepared in advance to deal with what is about to happen.
- Put your water reservoir upside down to reduce the possibility of freezing.
- Look for landmarks. Landmarks are the main markers for you to know the direction.
- When camping in winter, pay attention to hydrating yourself.
Pay attention to the principle:
After the camping is over, please take the garbage away.